Tuesday, May 8, 2018

"Tug of War"

Sorry for all the delays, but here's v39 at last! For the time being, I quite intend this to be the FINAL One Piece volume I translate. As I said once or twice before, I initially started this whole One Piece retranslation project aaaallll the way back in 2010 because the chapters uploaded on most online manga sites were extremely low quality, both image and translation-wise. To be more accurate, it was my editor Onepiecefag who first goaded me into the project, but he ended up dropping out due to real life schedules, and so I've since had to enlist the help of a few others such as Nitoryu/Blacksword, JFposse, and some other anonymous individuals before I just went solo from v32-39. My cleaning skills weren't the best nor did I have high quality raws to work from, but compared to what was available online in 2010, I think my work was more than serviceable. Special thanks also goes out to Wihyat for offering his proofreading services during all this time.

In any case, since One Piece now has a few reliable groups and Viz itself offering competent translations, I don't really see a pressing need to keep this up. Instead, I'll spend my time translating other series of my choosing under another group (Hox Scanlations). So long and thanks for all the fish, fellow One Piece fans!

P.S. The sendspace link here is meant to be temporary, so if you want any of the older volumes, I recommend trying to get a download account at manga madokami. If you can't, just email me (nepece3000@gmail.com) and I'll send you the requested volumes.

Download: 
One Piece v39:   Sendspace

13 comments:

  1. Thank you Nep Ece.
    Thank you so much guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your dedication till now nep
    wish you the best with your projects

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8 years...what great dedication.
    This really made my day.
    Thank you for your hard and awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot for all your work throughout so many years!
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, man. I still remember the threads on /a/ where both you and OnePieceFag posted this project. God speed and good luck in your future endeavors. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Nep Ece for all the time and effort you've spent on this project. Your dedication is really remarkable. Go forth and I hope you succeed on your future endeavors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just caught up to this point in the manga, really appreciate what you've done. I'll miss seeing SBS and Author comments translated in the chapters for the rest of the adventure. thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. please reupload all your volume!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking for a fun team building activity for your staff? Tug of war team building is a competitive and energetic activity that can help bring your team together! This is a great activity to do with your group.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tug of war is a team building workplace activity to help participants learn how to work together to achieve a goal. We provide a range of activities like tug of war team building for office employees. So, go and check out our website now.

    ReplyDelete